Queenstown, Tower Junction and Harewood
- 400ml of Raglan Coconut Yoghurt
- 2 cups of desiccated coconut
- 3 large tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 1 large tablespoon of coconut nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Generous pinch of salt
- 250gram block of 72% Fairtrade Whittakers Chocolate
- 2 large tablespoons of coconut oil
Mix all the ingredients wet ingredients together in a pot.
Stir in the coconut until the mixture is clumpy, but not runny. The coconut nectar will give it a slightly golden colour. Press into a rectangle container lined with baking paper and pop in the freezer for 10 mins to let it firm up slightly.
Take out and cut into small bar shapes (recipe makes about 24), and put back in the freezer to harden completely.
Once completely frozen, melt chocolate and coconut oil together in a bowl sitting in a saucepan of hot water – you can add more oil for a thinner coating. Dip each bar smoothly through the chocolate using a spatula and knife, and it will snap freeze immediately.
Place finished bars on baking paper and try not to eat them all at once! They keep in the fridge for at least a week.