Harewood, Marshland & Tower Junction in Christchurch and Richmond, Nelson.
300 grams of Paneton Flakey Puff Pastry
2 large apples
Icing sugar for dusting
• Unroll the Paneton Flakey puff pastry as per instructions on the packet
• Cut 4 rectangles from the pastry
• Peel, core and finely slice the apples
• lightly score (don't slice through) the edges of the pastry making a 2cm border. This will allow the outer edge of the galette to puff up around the apples. You could also fold the out edge over the apples at the end for a different effect.
• Place apple slices onto each rectangle (you can also place a wash of custard underneath if you like
• Sprinkle with caster sugar
• Gently wash the edges of the pastry with a beaten egg
• Bake your galettes in a pre-heated oven at 200˚C for 15 minutes or until golden brown
• Wash with melted apricot jam and dust with a bit of icing sugar
To serve, add a bit of your favourite vanilla ice cream.
Tip: you can use any left over pastry strips to make canapés or snacks like cheese straws.